web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Aiysha is Eight
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Saturday, March 18, 2006
Aiysha is Eight

My daughter Aiysha was the most difficult to deliver. I had resolved not to use an epidural, and I hadn't expected the pain to be so excruciating. The nurses kept shoving me an oxygen mask while the agony surged like waves; I was wishing it would end but not quite ready to let go. Then Dr Idris tells me the baby was lying the wrong way, and he had to go in and turn her right, up or down I can't remember. The corrective procedure was torturous, I thought he was twisting off the bottom half of my body. But in the end, Aiysha came safely into the world; much to the chagrin of some boys in Standard Two, who must prefer that she never came round to kick their butts or call them Squeaky Mouse.



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment