web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Four to the Floor
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Friday, February 17, 2006
Four to the Floor

Haiyaaah, tagged again. Never could hope that my list would be as funny as my sister in law's or as urbane as her husband's, but here goes :

Four Jobs I've Had
At age 16, Stringer for RTM
DJ at a respectable ballroom dancing hang-out. On good nights you'd have seen me and Sheila do the mambo!
Business Editor, Newscaster, Senior Producer
Sex Goddess (I still have this job)

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over
(you mean apart from The English Patient and To Kill a Mockingbird, kan?)
The Shawshank Redemption
Janji Joni
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Prelude to a Kiss (I love this small movie!)

There are lots of movies that I'd probably like to see again, but probably won't, because they're painful to watch, like the The Usual Suspects or Farewell to My Concubine. Or PGL (You know I'm kidding, right?)

Small diversion : My husband and I saw Realita Cinta dan Rock and Roll, the other day -- an aimless Indonesian film which is nevertheless dripping with homoerotic subtext and very comel boys, apart from a really hot (and chainsmoking) Nadine Chandrawinata. Recommended if you like young men in tight jeans and no T shirt. (I used to like, sigh)

Four Places I Have Lived
Teacher's Quarters at Sekolah Tengku Ampuan Intan, Kuala Berang, Terengganu
Kuantan (sigh)
294, Essex Street, Footscray, Melbourne
Apparently, the very cruisy Senen in Jakarta

Four TV Shows I Love to Watch
In Mesia :
CSI, but only Vegas and New York.
The Jeff Corwin Experience
Anything with Jamie Oliver in it
and right now, my current pedestrian obsession : Amrikan Idol!!

Ya, I love Mythbusters, too but I forget what day it's on. (It was yesterday, right? It clashes with Amrikan Idol, la dude).

In Indonesia
Dorce -- Dorce is Indonesia's answer to Oprah -- except that she's louder, has a predilection for dangdut dancing, swishy clothes and high heels, and is, I have to mention, a guy.
Ceriwis -- an afternoon talkshow that is so funny you forgive them for blatantly shoving products.
Ajang Boy Band -- an ongoing contest where a group of young men sing and dance to an audience of screaming girls and gets judged by three errr, slightly older women. Is that a female fantasy or what? Oh yeah, could be a gay fantasy, too.
MTV Indonesia

Four Places I have Been on Vacation (and would like to return to)
Wonderful, nostalgic Melbourne
Wonderful, nostalgic Merang
Kyoto, Japan
Cedar Rapids, Iowa or New York, New York (either way, I could get shot)

Four of My Favourite Dishes
My mother's Nasi Dagang
My Linguine Puttanesca (tapi malangnya, I don't get to eat this very often. Malas)
My kids' Churros
Buah Bung or any other kueh bought at daybreak at the traditional Pasar Maras, while in your pyjamas.

(Actually I also love my late mother in law's peerless Asam Pedas, but I can never taste that ever again no matter how hard I try to reproduce the dish)

Four Websites I Visit Daily
The Blogs of friends and family
Islam Online
parasindonesia.com
and at the moment : TelevisonWithoutPity (told ya I'm pedestrian)

Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now
In Terengganu with my family; doing Terengganu things, speaking Terengganu and eating Terengganu things.
Idtje Spa, getting worked on by three women
12A, Jalan Sutan Syahrir, Menteng, Jakarta (my new home, yaay!)
On My Husband

I'm not tagging anyone, so leceh lah. And you get so dissapointed when they don't actually compile a list. But you know, I'd really like to see my Dad's answers, if he has the time.



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment