web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Good Moaning
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Friday, January 06, 2006
Good Moaning

How does it feel like, one week into the new year? I have been nursing a cold and a headache ever since I turned blonde in a public display. You people who weren't there at the Curve when I told you to go; and are now trawling the net for a picture of that occasion, lupakanlah, you won't find any. I made sure nobody brought a camera. It wasn't something worth wasting digital space over.

But becoming a blonde, even for 3 hours, must have been such a traumatic experience that my body hasn't forgiven me until today. No, I did not attend any New Year's Eve party, unless you count watching fireworks from a small window in the hotel hallway, in your pyjamas, as something of a celebration. My kids had more fun than me -- together with Kamarul's daughter and my maid,Ti, they joined the partying crowd in front of Ikano, as everyone ooh-ed and aah-ed over the pyrotechnics, and then danced to Reshmonu after. Mummy the party pooper popped a couple of flu pills and was fast asleep by half past twelve.

So now I'm sick, and grumpy, and wishing Saiffuddin wasn't so far away. Yesterday, I confess, I visited airasia.com. Return tickets to Jakarta cost less than 500 ringgit. Oh, the temptation.



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment