web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Between Nigella and Salmonella
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Thursday, February 23, 2006
Between Nigella and Salmonella

This is inspired by my sister's post. She might feel guilty for letting her kids eat instant noodles out of a trough, but listen, she's a better mother than I would ever be. Well, the idea was to improve on that once I get to Jakarta, but reading Elisa's entry made me realise that there is going to be a shortfall between my romantic notions of June Cleaver proportions and what would actually take place in the Saiffuddin household. Here are some scenarios that would probably have my husband vigorously nodding his head :

Plan
As a stay-at-home mum, I'll make sure the kids get a wholesome breakfast, with an extra dose of hugs and kisses before I bundle them off to school

Execution
They'd be lining up by my bedside at 7.30 as I rummage through my purse for their lunch money, still half asleep

Plan
To compensate for all the years that I have put career before kids, my children will now have my undivided attention

Execution
Will you please shut up because I'm watching American Idol.

Plan
To reflect my eclectic style and good taste, my house will be decorated in what I'll call Asian shabby chic : Jepara furniture, home-sewn batik cushions in pink and orange, flea market chandeliers, lots of orchids

Execution
Three months on, we'd still be fishing out clothes and crockery from crates and boxes.

Plan
Every day, I will master a new recipe

Execution
Every day, we will try a new take-out.

Plan
Since his office is just 5 minutes away, my husband will come home for lunch, which I will cook, of course.

Execution
Since his office is just 5 minutes away, I'd go and see him for lunch -- if I manage to get out of bed, of course.

Plan
With all that time on my hands, I will write my first novel

Execution
With all that time on my hands, I will go shopping

Plan
I'll really take care of myself : daily exercise, weekly lulur and hair treatments, milk bath every fortnight

Execution
There will be days when I'll forget to shower

Plan
I'll finally manage my household, and re-emerge as Bree Van der Kamp

Execution
Nothing works without Kak Ti.



........................................................................................................


Comments:
Unqueѕtіonably beliеvе that which you
said. Υour favorite reason seemеd tο be on the internet the еasiеѕt thіng to be aware of.

I say to yοu, I cеrtainly get irκеd while
peорle сonsider worгiеs that they ρlainly don't know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people can take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
Visit my web page :: http://www.onlinepaydayloansking.co.uk
  |
Post a Comment