web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: For a Change
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Tuesday, August 16, 2005
For a Change



There's so many things that I could write about -- the haze, Mawi, the almost all-white International Advisory Panel on NEP, the MCA elections, Kheng Yaik's call on the social contract, Rafidah's political future -- but really, do you want me to? I could, but I won't. I feel the whole process of talking about what's wrong with the way things are; is so futile. The more they're discussed, the less they're likely to change. Talk changes little, and talk's only good for politicians. Sure, there are changes afoot, but they are changes beyond my control, and beyond my liking.

Ghandi said you must be the change you want to see in the world. The only things you can truly change are things that are within your realm - you, your family, and the environs within which you exist. And you know what? I think that's already plenty.



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment