web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Update on Updates
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Update on Updates

Hello, how you've been?

Been sick for the past week, been to Jakarta and back.

Not too good at all. Forgive me for the prolonged absence.

I spent six days with Saiffuddin, six precious days agonizing whether the rest of the family would be joining him in Jakarta at all. His HR Manager says he doesn't know. My husband's furious. They haven't sent him money, can't tell when they will. We parted tearful, ambivalent about what we should do next.

Aiysha is mad at me because I told her we'd be going by the middle of the month and the whole class made her a farewell card. Including her class teacher. Now she's mortified to go to school.

Adam on the other hand, couldn't be happier.

Because I had chicken pox on my wedding day, I am forever cursed to ensure other people's receptions are perfect. Last Friday, Papa Khalid and I were the emcees at one such affair -- it featured about thirty thousand ringgit worth of flowers and high-end royalty. We pulled it off through pantuns and cough medicine, and then had nasi lemak at Kak Limah's.

I had a massive sore throat throughout the weekend, while my two girls plied me with get well cards and cups of cold water in which they dunked tea bags. They were good nurses. Every half hour they'd peer into my face to see if I'm awake. "Are you well now, mummy?", they kept asking, because a sick mummy means no outings for little nurses.

We went out eventually, on Tuesday -- and you can see the pictures here.

So that's about it. Hope you had a better time than me!



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment