web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Sister In Seattle, Take a Bow
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Wednesday, January 26, 2005
Sister In Seattle, Take a Bow

Like my new togs? I absolutely love it! This spanking new template was tailor-made by my youngest sister, Didi, based on ideas we discussed when she was back home, a couple of months ago.

I especially adore the banner, and each picture means something to me. Do allow me to introduce them to you :

The four human beings you see here, are of course my family : the grinning boy is Adam, my sage ten year old, while the two sisters are my daughters Aiysha and Aliya, who are seven and three and a half, respectively. The man in the denim jacket, so dark you almost could not see, is Tengku Saiffuddin, the Achehnese who had the misfortune of marrying me. Or good fortune, he pipes in.

You see lots of butterflies because I have a thing for these creatures. It's the idea of living a brief, brilliant life that fascinates me, I guess. The first butterfly in the banner is called a Malay lacewing - I just thought I should include an element signifying my ethnicity. Likewise, the zoomorphic Thuluth script, in the shape of a bird, signifies my faith.

The Japonais woodcut print of the lady pertains to my nickname in college, which was Jap. Besides, I like the lady's stance - you can't tell if she's dancing or ready to strike. And the last picture, the one next to my husband, is of a pathway in Fawkner Park. As you may have guessed, Saiffuddin and I took walks there, when we were in Melbourne.

So that's it, a piece of Mokciknab, stretched out in a banner. Hope you'll keep on reading, to figure out the rest of me!



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment