web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Thanks for the Comments!
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Thursday, December 16, 2004
Thanks for the Comments!

It is so heartening to see so many responses to the tudung post. I am humbled by the support. A special thanks (and bravo!) to all the women who related their similar experiences and stood up for what they believed in.

Afiq asked why women in hijab are sometimes regarded unfavourably. There's a lot of reasons why this is happening -- and I admit it is also partly our own fault. Maybe I'll write what I think in another post, when I am not swamped with work and obligations *long sigh*. In the meantime, please don't think I'm demonising anyone, muslims, non muslims, hijab or no hijab. We all need to understand each other and why we do certain things. Ignorance is the devil itself. Darkness, after all, is the absence of light.

Again, thanks for sharing!



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment