web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Need idea for school food fair
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Thursday, May 31, 2007
Need idea for school food fair

My kids are having an end of the year bash in school, which includes the whole school staging a Mary Poppins musical (Aisyha's in the chorus, Adam plays the pianica, and Aliya will dance). Julie Andrews and magical flying nannies notwithstanding, this is Asia, and any school event in Asia must have food on the side. I have to fill a form to say what I'd be bringing, and my kids want something that is distinctly Malaysian. Could you please, please help me and suggest something?

Forgive this Mokciknab yang banyak songeh, but there are a few things to consider:

We're boring people; and we've only come up with a few thoughts :
I could serve the roti canai or roti jala with sweet condensed milk, or I can relent to my daughters and fill the karipap with spinach and cheese instead of meat and potatoes, and I could pretend I didn't hear the plea for bronok, but I'm sure out there in the blogosphere some kind Martha Stewart doppelganger will come up with a recipe more inspiring than our dismal choices.

Can yah? Please? You won't win anything, but you will have my children's deepest gratitude. And a free tour guide next time you come to Jakarta.



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment