web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Death in Three
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Thursday, May 31, 2007
Death in Three

Three of my neighbour's children were warded for dengue and then the middle one, a seven year old boy, died the third day he was in hospital.

His parents held a service for him at home. That evening, I sat in my front garden, saw the streams of people, imagined the streams of tears. From across the street, above the din of traffic, I heard the ceremony of sorrow. A priest telling the parents to seek strength. A little girl speaking of a dear cousin and why he will be missed. A woman singing a lullaby to the dead child.
"Sleep", she sang. "Sleep, my dear and rest in peace".



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment