web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: How Long, Now?
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Monday, February 12, 2007
How Long, Now?

How many of you out there still obsess over music, with the same intensity as you did in school? I’m surprised I haven’t gotten over it – I thought that by now I’d be settled in sanity and would count crotchet as my hobby or I’d be making cute dining chair covers in my spare time.

Not that that’s any indication of being able to kick the music habit, as far as my Vedder-devotee sister can tell.

Here is my current madness -- I know it's been on the shelf for a bit now, but I still like it. It's better than the more recent Window in the Skies, and no matter what Big Country fans may say, it is better than the Skids original. I’ve memorised the lyrics, got the song both live and recorded, and downloaded the video from youtube. I’m going to look for the guitar tabs now, and make my husband play the chords while I yell the words from my porch.

Until my kids tell me to shut up, of course.




........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment