web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: My Little Brown Bird
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Tuesday, February 01, 2005
My Little Brown Bird



Some people used to believe that if a woman saw a robin flying overhead on Valentine's Day, it meant she would marry a sailor. If she saw a sparrow, she would marry a poor man and be very happy. If she saw a goldfinch, she would marry a millionaire.

I would think any woman with her face skywards on Valentine's Day will only get crap in her eyes.

Since one of the most common birds in Malaysia is the swallow, I suppose that's what I saw on a Valentine's Day of old. It should count as a sparrow, methinks, because I do have a penniless husband who nevertheless keeps me blissfully distracted. It's either that, or a husband who likes the word "swallow".

The only robin I want to see this Valentine is robin's egg blue. As in a box of that colour. With some trinket in it. Alas, I should've been more diligent and looked out for that danged goldfinch.

Gentlemen, you have fourteen days. You can buy us anything as long as it's jewellery.



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment