web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Shopping Lessons
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Tuesday, August 10, 2004
Shopping Lessons

Aiysha's teacher gave me a note yesterday : it instructed parents to give their children ten ringgit because there will be a lesson on shopping today. The kids will be brought to Giant Kelana Jaya, and taught how to spend.

I'm sorry? No daughter of mine needs a course in spending -- they're born consumers. Aiysha could string proper sentences by the time she was two, and God knows it's only because she wanted to instruct me on which Barbie T-shirt to buy. When Aiysha followed me to work at the TV station I used to work for, she would sit with my Producer, the ever chi-chi Gina, and they'd be picking out handbags from Harper's Bazaar or something. Gina said, Aiysha would point out the most expensive one, every time.

Needless to say, my six year old Aiysha was terribly excited this morning. She was fussing over what to wear, and complained that she didn't have anything matching to carry. Finally she decided on a lime twin-set, jeans, small denim bag with rose embroidery (and Power-Puff Girls purse inside) and denim sandals.

"Mummy! Don't forget to fill up my purse!", she said, beaming. Obviously she already had lessons from Adam, who proclaimed his Wealth Principle recently.

"First Rule about Money", Adam declared, "Never Use Your Own!"

No wonder my kids are rich.





........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment