web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: The Two Sides of Adam
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Thursday, July 29, 2004
The Two Sides of Adam

I
This is a rap thing Adam created while we were on our way to visit my father last night. He wasted no time teaching his sisters the words, so that Aliya and Aiysha can repeat them ad nauseaum, and with glee.

My name is Betty*
I am not savvy
My brain is scrambled
Shaped like an animal
I'm a mammal

*of course, you're supposed to spit this out with attitude : Bett-ay, sav-vay

II
Adam is currently reading Wind in The Willows. He tells me why he likes the book, during dinner last Friday.

Adam : It teaches me to speak British!
Me : Oh really?
Adam : Yes! Okay, talk about someone I don't know
Me : Ummm, I had a meeting with Ashran today
Adam : (eyebrows knitted together, and yes, with accent) Who is this chap, Ashran?
Me : Oh bravo!
Adam : Shall we have some tea?
Me : Absolutely.

Adam proceeded to pour out his Earl Gray and pinched the handle of his cup the right way, pinkie sticking out.

I must never make him read Charles Bukowski.


_____________________________________________________________

Small diversion :

I was just kidding about the Bukowski remark. Bukowski is a poet after his own heart, and he has written some of the most shockingly honest poetry I have ever read. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the titles of the obscure ones, and am too lazy to find them on the net (Most involve barfing into a toilet bowl). For a good entree into the world of Buk try this link and this. Incidentally, there's a documentary film about him currently running in the States, which you can find out more here.







........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment