web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Sports Day!!
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Friday, August 06, 2004
Sports Day!!

Last Sunday, Aiysha's kindy held their bi-annual sports day. This year, the teachers decided to let parents do some work, so they devised this March-Past competition, where we have to come up with costumes for the kids to wear, to correspond with the names of their houses.

Aiysha was in Venus, the glam planet! This was a group effort, and to ensure that other mommies get to contribute their ideas, I kept the evil, control-freak Mokciknab alter-ego in-check. I tried very hard to listen to other people's ideas, while supressing the urge to jump up and say : "No! we do it THIS way! Oh, gimme dat and let me do EVERYTHING".

I didn't manage to keep her always in check, I have to admit. Most of the stuff you see here are the work of the evil Mokciknab, after her travails to Jalan Masjid India and Teddy Tales, with gay employee in tow.

By the way, did I also mention that Venus won the competition? We could've gotten more marks if I did everything myself, I tell you.




Aiysha (R) and her friend, Atiqah. Umm, I didn't really like the green shirt and a Venusian Princess won't wear a cap, but I have to make concessions. My husband was so proud of me for not being totally anal.



This is Ilham, my nephew, Elisa's eldest. He wasn't in our house, but I want to put a picture of him anyway, to give this post some "Awwwww.." value.





My mother was kind enough to sew the flouncy skirts on Saturday morning. All the moms worked on the banner - the fluoro-green material is dotted with glued-on glass beads, and the name is made of ribbons.

Huge thanks to all the mommies in Venus House, especially Nani, who did all the capes and the antenna.



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment