web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Signs You're an Absentee Parent
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Friday, October 22, 2004
Signs You're an Absentee Parent

Last night, Aliya and I were in my bed for her nightly bedtime cuddle. She had her arms around my neck and her small cheeks pressed against mine, going I love you Mummy, I love you Mummy.

"You smell nice, Aliya", I said, breathing in her freshly-washed tresses.
'Yes, my mother shampoo my hair", she explained.
"Your mother?", I wondered, "Who's your mother?"
"Kak Ti!", came the reply.

So, today right after Friday prayers my husband and I will go home straight away. We promise.



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment