web counter The Madness of MokcikNab: Gotta have mah fix
The Madness of MokcikNab
Motives, movements and melodrama in the life of a thirty something mum.


Thursday, July 08, 2004
Gotta have mah fix

I had no idea blogging could be so addictive. It's not just a matter of writing your thoughts down, but tweaking the templates and making it do things. I finally managed to install haloscan today. It was supposed to be "easy", but to a comp-illiterate like me, it was an achievement worthy of a job at Microsoft. (BTW the person who said it would be "easy" sleeps with someone from Microsoft)

My husband has noticed that blogging takes a lot of my time. My husband is a bit of a wet blanket, he begrudges anything I enjoy if it doesn't involve him. And since blogging would presume an ability to write and spell, that leaves him out altogether. I can say awful things about him here because he can't read either. (And he can't get to my blog, anyway because it will require him to type my URL in the address bar and he thinks an address bar is only helpful to a postman) Anyway, all he knows is blogging is taking away my attention from him, and he is about to set limits on my blogging time. As I said, wet blanket.

As usual, I have every intention to defy my husband. Blogging revives my love of writing and even if nobody reads my pieces (this is not altogether far from the truth, because only my sisters read my blog) it already serves its purpose, an outlet for my dormant desires, so to speak. This madness, it'll be on for sometime yet.



........................................................................................................


Comments: Post a Comment